Bobby’s Pantry Staple Spaghetti with Chili, Garlic, California Olive Oil and Basil
- 14 ounce packet of spaghetti,
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil,
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- A large handful of basil, finely chopped
- Salt and Parmesan cheese
Boil the spaghetti in lightly salted water until al dente. Heat oil in a heavy pan over low heat, sauté garlic in the hot oil for a couple of minutes, stir with wooden spoon to prevent sticking. Add a couple of tablespoons of water to the garlic/oil mixture and add chili and basil. Continue to stir, over heat for a couple more minutes. Add cooked, drained pasta and toss before serving with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Serves four.